Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Dependant on experience
The Flash Pack is a London based technical production studio. Our focus is building social first content experiences for brands and agencies activating in the UK and abroad.
We are known for our innovative approach to briefs and our expertise in amplifying the digital footprint of events and bricks and mortar spaces on social media. All of our work is powered by our proprietary software called Airtime.
We work with some of the world’s best creative agencies and also direct to brands. Clients include Google, Dyson, Burberry, IBM, Mastercard, Done&Dusted, Amplify, Spotify, Swingers, Apple, YouTube, Vans and more.
We are a close team of 10 currently with plans to grow over the next year. This is an exciting time to join the team, we have multiple projects activating in various locations over the next year including the US and Middle East. We also offer flexible working and the ability to work from home up to two days a week. Our studio is in SE London.
We are looking for a full time Technician to join our team. Working within the production team, the Technician will be responsible for creating and delivering the technical hardware elements of each project.
The primary aim of the role is to specify, build and install capture equipment (cameras, lighting etc), display screens and cabling for permanent and live projects. The ideal candidate is a hard working problem solver, who is keen to get their hands dirty and work as part of a close knit team.
– Reporting into the Senior Creative Technologist and Executive Producer
– Specify and plan technical solutions to project briefs
– Work with Producers to provide accurate time estimates for effort required to delivery
– Identify and clearly communicate risks to delivery and provide a mitigation plan on projects
– Provide high level technical know-how in terms of hands-on development and build
– Manage preflight configuration and testing of technical kit
– Manage packing, loading and shipment of technical kit
– Support the Senior Creative Technologist in technology horizon scanning and dissemination of that knowledge to the wider company
– Maintaining a highly organised technical workshop and documentation
– Creating user manuals
– Training non-technical staff on technical setups for permanent installations
– Responding to support issues raised via remote support hotline
– Onsite installation of technical set ups in the UK and abroad
– Creating networking and power diagrams for external teams to implement on site
– Ongoing maintenance of TFP product suite – flashbooth, retro booths, multicam product family
– Be a positive, active and collaborative member of the team generally, bringing confidence from your wealth of experience in previous projects and roles, whilst being humble and always open to learning from others
– Relevant work experience in a technical environment is a must
– Must have experience working on site
– Knowledge of networking
– Excellent troubleshooting and fault finding skills
– Knowledge of MacOS
– Excellent verbal communication skills, patiently explains complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
– Comfortable with heavy lifting of flight cases, kit and materials
– Must have a valid UK driving licence
– Interest in emerging technologies
– Knowledge of photography, film making or lighting a bonus
In the first instance candidates should email email@example.com with a copy of their CV and cover letter.
We regret to advise that due to the high volume of responses received, candidates without experience as outlined above, will not be considered suitable and will therefore not be contacted.
So, why come and work for us?
Well, if we haven’t floated your boat already, and taking a look at the work we deliver didn’t get you all weak at the knees, here are some other reasons why you might want to join us.
We have fun. This industry is hard work – demanding clients and long hours, but we like to think we’re pretty good at having fun whilst we do it. Our staff retention rates are testament to that.
We are fair. Working at the weekend? Don’t get any time off back for your hard work? We don’t expect you to give us your life. Why would we? Work an hour at the weekend, get it back in lieu at a time that suits you.
We are flexible. Our systems have been set up to allow our team to work from home when they can.
We are ambitious. Independently owned and run, with big dreams, we have a clear plan in place and are focused on making it happen.
We are honest. Open door policy to management for the entire team, so no one is left wondering. We respect and value our staff and feel honesty is always the best policy.
We are innovative. Constantly pushing boundaries and leaders in our field, we often create first to market products and experiences that simply haven’t been seen before.