The Flash Pack are a multi award winning creative studio focused on content creation and visual innovation. We design moments people get excited about and use smart technology to capture and share them.
We are known for our innovative approach to briefs, our ability to create striking creative content, and our expertise in delivering live amplification of this content both pre, during, and post event.
Our team is a talented melting pot of creatives, marketers, developers and technologists and our clients include some of the world’s best-known brands and agencies.
We build products that deliver broadcast quality content, fast.
We automate capture, post-production and social sharing.
We partner with brands and agencies to deliver original creative.
Our fusion of technical understanding, creative flair and laser focused delivery, makes it easy for us to realise the most inventive and complex ideas.
We do it all under one roof.
7,500 ft² of space equipped with an innovation lab, production workshop and two shoot spaces gives us total freedom to develop ideas and test them in their physical form.
The Flash Pack’s culture:
A work-life balance
Flexitime – choose your own core hours
Time off in Lieu
The Flash Pack delivers a broad spectrum of live event activations and installations – from permanent interactive installations in Times Square NYC to 360 bullet time capture for broadcast.
We are looking for an all-round computer wizard to be our in-house IT expert. You will have a passion for Linux systems, keeping them lean, clean and secure. Equally you will relish the chance to get out from behind your desk and get hands-on with an install or event.
At the office you will be installing and setting up our computer systems and finding ways to make this efficient and painless. You will monitor and maintain our product computers, both event kit and permanent installations and respond to problems before our clients are even aware there was one. You will provide remote tech support to our on-site staff who will be working under time pressure. There will also be some maintenance of staff computers and keeping on top of office IT security and maintaining our office storage.
In the field you will be on-site replacing and installing computers, printers and monitors, troubleshooting connection and networking issues at both our permanent installs and live events. You will communicate with partner tech teams being clear about requirements and specifications. You will constantly update HQ on your findings and progress and be able to explain the issues in a friendly and non-technical manner to clients.
We operate in the UK, across Europe and occasionally in the US; you will be required to travel as part of the job. We have a time in lieu policy and a tech support rota but you will be expected to work unsociable hours – there may be long days and occasional night installations.
We like no-nonsense people who roll their sleeves up and get sh*t done. People who are not afraid of working hard in a collaborative team-oriented environment – people who know how to do it with a smile.
• Solutions focused and have a self-reliant approach to getting things done.
• Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, patiently explains complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
• You need to have a flexible non-9-5 mentality.
• Experience with managing Linux Systems: basic bash scripting, terminal text editing, OS and package installation, network configuration.
• Knowledge of networking, VPNs.
• Excellent troubleshooting and fault finding skills.
• Knowledge of MacOS and Windows.
• Experience in basic electrical repairs and soldering a bonus.
• Knowledge of photography, film making or lighting a bonus.
• Maintaining our Linux computers.
• Ensuring our systems are secure and GDPR compliant.
• Managing maintenance of our peripherals – screens and printers.
• Monitoring our installs and fixing issues remotely or on-site.
• Troubleshooting technical problems with event activations remotely.
• Installing equipment on site for events.
• Maintaining our office IT systems.
• Working with our Studio Manager and Producers to price equipment for quotes and ordering parts.