Role: Product Engineer
Contract Term: 6 Months
Day rate: £150-200 DOE
The Flash Pack is a London based technical production studio. Our focus is building social first content experiences for brands and agencies activating in the UK and abroad.
We are known for our innovative approach to briefs and our expertise in amplifying the digital footprint of events and bricks and mortar spaces on social media. All of our work is powered by our proprietary software called Airtime.
We work with some of the world’s best creative agencies and also direct to brands. Clients include Google, Dyson, Burberry, IBM, Mastercard, Done&Dusted, Amplify, Spotify, Swingers, Apple, YouTube, Vans and more.
We are a close team of 10 currently with plans to grow over the next year. This is an exciting time to join the team, we have multiple projects activating in various locations over the next year including the US and Middle East. We also offer flexible working and the ability to work from home up to two days a week. Our studio is in SE London.
We are looking for a freelance Product Engineer to join our team. The contract is initially for 3-6 months but if successful there are likely to be many other opportunities for future project work.
Working within the production team, the Product Engineer will be responsible for the design, development and fabrication of our hardware products and kit. Our capture equipment contains cameras, lighting, display screens and cabling for permanent and live projects.
The primary aim of the role is to design and fabricate hardwearing kit that can be installed by an AV technician without issues that will survive being set up at multiple events.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished and fastidious designer and a hard working problem solver, who is keen to get their hands dirty and work as part of a close knit team.
– Design and development of Flash Pack hardware
– Meeting with management to discuss product ideas
– Define tech requirements and design specifications
– Iterate design through prototyping and testing
– Working with suppliers to ensure designs meet tooling capabilities
– Designing in CAD
– Producing meticulously detailed design drawings and supporting documents
– Creating and Maintaining a Bill of Materials
– Keeping up to date on industry product solutions and components
– Selecting product materials and designing the product manufacturing process
– Overseeing production and ensuring that products conform to specifications and safety regulations
– Fabricating and assembling products
– Scoping and prototyping products
– Reporting into the Senior Creative Technologist and Executive Producer
– Be a positive, active and collaborative member of the team generally, bringing confidence from your wealth of experience in previous projects and roles, whilst being humble and always open to learning from others
– Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or similar
– Previous experience working as a product engineer or product designer
– Relevant work experience in a technical environment is a must
– In-depth knowledge of CAD, AutoCAD, and CAM software
– Advanced analytical and design skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Knowledge of industry and market trends
– Ability to visualise theoretical models and design ideas
– Good project management skills
– A keen eye for detail
– Interest in emerging technologies
– Knowledge of photography, film making or lighting a bonus
So, why come and work for us?
Well, if we haven’t floated your boat already, and taking a look at the work we deliver didn’t get you all weak at the knees, here are some other reasons why you might want to join us.
We have fun. This industry is hard work – demanding clients and long hours, but we like to think we’re pretty good at having fun whilst we do it. Our staff retention rates are testament to that.
We are fair. Working at the weekend? Don’t get any time off back for your hard work? We don’t expect you to give us your life. Why would we? Work an hour at the weekend, get it back in lieu at a time that suits you.
We are flexible. Our systems have been set up to allow our team to work from home when they can.
We are ambitious. Independently owned and run, with big dreams, we have a clear plan in place and are focused on making it happen.
We are honest. Open door policy to management for the entire team, so no one is left wondering. We respect and value our staff and feel honesty is always the best policy.
We are innovative. Constantly pushing boundaries and leaders in our field, we often create first to market products and experiences that simply haven’t been seen before.