Salary: £26-31k base DOE
The Flash Pack are a multi award winning creative studio focused on content creation and visual innovation. We design moments people get excited about and use smart technology to capture and share them.
We are known for our innovative approach to briefs, our ability to create striking creative content, and our expertise in delivering live amplification of this content both pre, during, and post event.
Our team is a talented melting pot of creatives, marketers, developers and technologists and our clients include some of the world’s best-known brands and agencies.
We build products that deliver broadcast quality content, fast.
We automate capture, post-production and social sharing.
We partner with brands and agencies to deliver original creative.
Our fusion of technical understanding, creative flair and laser focused delivery, makes it easy for us to realise the most inventive and complex ideas.
We do it all under one roof.
7,500 ft² of space equipped with an innovation lab, production workshop and two shoot spaces gives us total freedom to develop ideas and test them in their physical form.
The Flash Pack’s culture:
A work-life balance
Flexitime – choose your own core hours
Time off in Lieu
The Flash Pack deliver a broad spectrum of live event activations and installations – From permanent interactive installations in Times Square NYC to 360 bullet time capture for broadcast. We are looking for an all-round Hardware Wizard to be our in-house AV expert.
You will join a team of Producers, Technologists, Developers and Product Designers, Set Designers, and Creatives to help deliver some of the coolest digital content and live experiences around.
You will be a general MacGyver – an expert at fixing anything electrical or mechanical – you act cool under pressure and are always willing to get involved and find a solution to a problem.
• You will have proven experience in event staging, build and lighting installation.
• You will have proven experience in lighting for content creation – stills and video.
• You will have a minimum of 5 years working with AV kit, tech and hardware.
We operate in the UK across Europe and occasionally in the US – You will be required to travel as part of the job. We have a time in lieu policy, but you will be expected to work unsociable hours – there may be long days and occasional night installations.
We like no-nonsense people who roll their sleeves up and get sh*t done. People who are not afraid of working hard in a collaborative team-oriented environment – people who know how to do it with a smile.
• Solutions focused and have a self-reliant approach to getting things done.
• Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
• Must have a genuine interest in technology with a willingness and eagerness to learn.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, patiently explains complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
• You need to have a flexible non-9-5 mentality.
• Advanced knowledge of professional lighting systems for live shows and installations including experience in DMX control & lighting desks.
• Advanced lighting experience for video and flash photography.
• Technical operational experience in advanced Audio Visual/AV equipment.
• Excellent troubleshooting and fault finding skills for hardware and software.
• Experience in basic electrical repairs and soldering.
• Knowledge of MacOS and Windows networking.
• Responsible for troubleshooting on technical problems with installations and event activations.
• Working as a lighting and hardware technician on site at live events and on test shoots.
• An AV consultant to be brought in early in the pitch process to advise on the development of creative.
• Responsible for writing and maintaining lighting plans and hardware instructional documentation for all our key products.
• Write and maintain technical diagrams for installations and event activations.
• Work with our Studio Manager you are responsible for general maintenance of equipment.
• Work with our Studio Manager and Producers to spec equipment for quotes and order kit for live jobs.
• Work with our Studio Manager to assess the benefits of purchase VS hire for all hardware.
• Work with the Studio Manager to make sure that our servers are regularly maintained.
• Test shoots – owning the setup of kit for client facing and internal testing.
• Product development testing – be responsible for NPD prototype hardware testing – pushing our creative output.